Link: Apply now for the American Express® Green Card with a huge welcome offer
We’ve just seen a huge new welcome offer rolled out on the American Express® Green Card, which I’d consider to be one of the most underrated credit cards out there. If you don’t yet have this card and are eligible, this is a fantastic time to apply, given that this is the best bonus we’ve ever seen on the card.
Amex Green Card offering 60K points & up to $200 in statement credits
The Amex Green Card has a new two-part welcome offer:
- Earn 60,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after spending $3,000 within the first six months
- Earn 20% back on eligible travel and transit purchases made during your first six months, up to $200 back in the form of a statement credit
This bonus is huge. It’s worth noting that unlike some of Amex’s other premium cards, this card doesn’t regularly see bonuses this big, and the previous offer was for up to 45,000 Membership Rewards points, without the statement credits. I don’t ever recall seeing an offer this good on the card.
Personally I value Amex Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, meaning the 60,000 points are worth $1,020, and that doesn’t account for up to $200 in additional credits. There are lots of great uses of Amex points, as they can be transfered to all kinds of useful airline and hotel partners.
Who is eligible for the Amex Green Card bonus?
In line with Amex’s “once in a lifetime” rule, the welcome offer on the Amex Green Card isn’t available to those who currently have the card, or those who have had the card (or previous versions of the card) in the past. On top of that, Amex’s general card restrictions apply.
A couple of further things to note:
- You are eligible for the bonus on this card if you’ve had any other Amex card, so you can apply for this card even if you have cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) or American Express® Gold Card (review)
- Amex typically has a limit of letting someone have at most five Amex credit cards (including personal and business cards); anecdotally this card is considered a hybrid card for these purposes, and doesn’t count toward that limit, which should make a lot more people eligible
Why the Amex Green Card is worth it
The Amex Green Card has a $150 annual fee, and is underrated (Rates & Fees)” target=”_blank”Rates & Fees). The card has the following perks, among other things:
- The Amex Green Card has a lucrative rewards structure, and offers 3x points on dining, travel, and transit; this is one of the most rewarding Amex cards out there if you’re looking to earn points as quickly as possible
- The Amex Green Card offers a $189 CLEAR credit annually, whereby you can receive up to $189 per calendar year in statement credits when you pay for your CLEAR Plus membership (subject to auto-renewal) with the card
- The Amex Green Card offers a $100 LoungeBuddy credit annually, whereby you can use the LoungeBuddy app to purchase access to lounges, and receive up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year
The rewards structure makes this card worth getting, and then the credits will for many make it easy to justify the annual fee on the card, in my opinion.
Read More: Amex Green Card Best-Ever Bonus Offer: Worth Applying For